Author Topic: Dow 30, S&P 500 & Nasdaq 100  (Read 68578 times)

Offline M&M

• KSE100 Trader
  • Administrator
  • Thanks Received: 109
  • Who doesn't like chocolates and profits?
    • View Profile
Re: DJIA -- Dow Jones Industrial Average
« Sticky post on: January 13, 2012, 08:42:53 PM »

« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 09:16:37 PM by M&M »
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates

Guidelines | Messages | Follow me

Pakinvestorsguide

Re: DJIA -- Dow Jones Industrial Average
« Reply #-1 on: January 13, 2012, 08:42:53 PM »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Thanks Received: 15
    • View Profile
Dow 30, S&P 500 & Nasdaq 100
« on: January 17, 2009, 03:43:53 PM »

Bearish
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:44:36 PM by M&M »

Offline Learner7

• Thanks Received: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Dow Jones
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 10:29:57 AM »
Trend is up because of

1. Interest rate speculations
2. Two Companies, US Steel Corp and American Express Co. posted profit.

but i am taking Short position because oil is significantly down which indicates reversal of trend of the Dow.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 12:21:12 PM »
Trend is up because of

but i am taking Short position because oil is significantly down which indicates reversal of trend of the Dow.

i dont think shorting dow would b a good idea as per the chart
i would b a buyer with stop at 8000 levels

« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 12:23:02 PM by Farzooq Haider »

Offline Learner7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 01:58:21 PM »
Trend is up because of

i dont think shorting dow would b a good idea as per the chart
i would b a buyer with stop at 8000 levels

Indeed as per technicals Trend is up and i told the same in my above post that 'Trend is up'
but Oil price is a Strong Indicator of Dow's movement as it dropped and bearish so i assume that is indication of reversal of Dow's trend. 8)

Offline Sadiq Jafri

• Global Moderator
  • Thanks Received: 3
    • View Profile
    • The Deranged Trader
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 02:14:12 PM »
There isnt a set trend yet....Dow has been bouncing around in a range for past several days, on the daily chart.... trade opps, long or short available when this range breaks on either side on the dailies

Oil prices turned from 50 ema, as expected.....

On the hourly and 30 min dow chart (spot), r1 is 8240, r2 is 8340 and r3 is hourly 200 ema at 8412....charts for the dow futures are diff, because they trade round the clock.....updating with a 30 min dow spot chart to illustrate the resistances...

Updated: 12.30 a.m (mkt has been open for about 5 hrs now) As stated above, all 3 resistances played their part....break of each one was a great long trade....even better, the final one i mentioned - r3 - which was the 200 ema on hourly charts and hadnt been touched in several days played the same role as the 50 ema on the oil futures chart did...good point to sell long positions and establish a short...worked out very well....check out the marked area in this dow spot updated chart...i've tried to show r1, r2 and r3

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 12:41:16 AM by sadiqjafri »

Offline Sadiq Jafri

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Deranged Trader
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 12:00:03 PM »
Trend is up because of

Hope you were not short with a large position, or if you were u used stoploss...recently mkt has had a correlation with oil prices due to deflation and demand destruction fears, with the perception being that a lower demand for oil (and thus falling oil prices) means that the U.S. and world consumer is not willing to spend....however, last few days mkt has rallied, especially yesterday, disregarding falling oil price because of the new Obama stimulus package worth 850bn, especially for the financial institutions who rallied on rumors that the new package will entail wiping off toxic assets from bank balance sheets and putting them together in a new 'Bad Bank'....

Khair, you can short again maybe today or later when the indicators point to it

Offline Learner7

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 01:06:33 PM »
Trend is up because of

Hope you were not short with a large position, or if you were u used stoploss...recently mkt has had a correlation with oil prices due to deflation and demand destruction fears, with the perception being that a lower demand for oil (and thus falling oil prices) means that the U.S. and world consumer is not willing to spend....however, last few days mkt has rallied, especially yesterday, disregarding falling oil price because of the new Obama stimulus package worth 850bn, especially for the financial institutions who rallied on rumors that the new package will entail wiping off toxic assets from bank balance sheets and putting them together in a new 'Bad Bank'....

60% short position, SL triggered.
40% short position, still open.

Offline Sadiq Jafri

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Deranged Trader
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 01:14:49 PM »
Trend is up because of

Trading dow futures or cash dow (ready)?

Offline Learner7

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 01:18:08 PM »

Dow Futuer please.

Offline Sadiq Jafri

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Deranged Trader
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 11:53:38 PM »

Dow Futuer please.

ok...i think i'll add to the shorts i have from the 60 min 200 ema, if mkt keeps breaking down the resistances i mentioned on chart, earlier....and keep bringing stoploss down with every new low...will post chart soon....

Offline Sadiq Jafri

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Deranged Trader
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 12:07:03 AM »
Here's the follow-up chart, after the previously mentioned up move and as mentioned in the chart from last night, note the resistance i stated as r3 at 60 min 200 ema, and subsequent fall and acceleration in fall on break of r2 and r1....profit taking on atleast half the contracts shorted is advisable and moving down stops for the rest, as well...

Offline Learner7

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 12:09:55 AM »

Dow Futuer please.

ok...i think i'll add to the shorts i have from the 60 min 200 ema, if mkt keeps breaking down the resistances i mentioned on chart, earlier....and keep bringing stoploss down with every new low...will post chart soon....

Well, first i would like to mention that Dr. Sahib your profile's previous Icon / picture was cute & good as compared to the present.

Eventually Dow start re-aligning itself with the oil pattern as mentioned earlier, delay is regretted. Technicals follow the fundamentals. ;)

Offline Sadiq Jafri

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Deranged Trader
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 12:21:34 AM »

Dow Futuer please.

Well, first i would like to mention that Dr. Sahib your profile's previous Icon / picture was cute & good as compared to the present.

Eventually Dow start re-aligning itself with the oil pattern as mentioned earlier, delay is regretted. Technicals follow the fundamentals. ;)

Lol...I'm glad you liked the last picture, but since my younger sister has informed me that she uses that picture on msn, I'm not allowed to use it  :D

If and when the dow does realign itself with oil or vice versa, we'll trade it again in that direction....trading isn't a one way street for me, and you shouldnt be regretful  :)

As far as technicals and fundamentals go, i trade on technicals....i dont really care which follows which....the important thing for me is, we dont have the resources to have the full picture based on fundamentals....or the inside, hidden, stories....but we do have the resources to analyse technicals, and all the hidden stories and insider news and manipulation of fundamentals is built into these charts....

Khair, if you draw a trendline on the chart i gave above, from the high of 8340 on 16th jan, down to the high of 8231 on 26th jan, and extend it....u will see the dow just found support at that exact point of that trendline - at 8153....if it breaks that t/l, more falls will follow....too much work for me to repost the chart with that line drawn again... ::)

Offline Learner7

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 11:59:13 AM »

Dow enters into bearish zone.

Offline Sadiq Jafri

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Deranged Trader
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 12:49:51 PM »
Learner bhai, could you highlight some of the important aspects of the chart...i have looked at the pivot and support resistance points, but would appreciate more info as to price movement and ma's, as well as parabolics and bollingers and how you would interpret it, thanks.

Offline Learner7

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 02:57:50 PM »
Learner bhai, could you highlight some of the important aspects of the chart...i have looked at the pivot and support resistance points, but would appreciate more info as to price movement and ma's, as well as parabolics and bollingers and how you would interpret it, thanks.

Doctor Bhai,

Just coming back from Friday prayer.

Try to spare some time and reply in detail today.

Offline Learner7

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 05:06:46 PM »

Dow enters into bearish zone.
Doctor Bhai,

1.    This is not the system which I mentioned in my post about a month back.

2.   For the last couple of days I have consecutively loss trades because I tried to trade the news only and did not pay attention on technical indicators.

3.   I am not following the system which appeared on the chart, rather I use this chart to have a complete idea of Trend of Multiple Timeframes in a Single Look, and also sometime checking the support and resistance levels.

4.   My system mentioned at No. 1 is a pains taking job, it is successful but it needs lot of patience to watch market and trade after hours of wait when all the indicators are synchronized.

5.    All the indicators as appeared on the chart are automatically updated, it is created by coding.

6.    If you still need to know how this system work as appeared on the chart, please let me know. As I am not following that system nor back tested, but after loss on trading news I am coming back to technicals, so along with my own system I tried to check this system also.

Basic of this system is there are two main flow of tracks: one’s center line is Black and the other’s dark Red, one can enter in trade when Black crosses Red and close the trade and reopen it the trade in opposite direction when Black crosses Back to Red.

So if u wanna know more then I need to write little more.

Offline Sadiq Jafri

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Deranged Trader
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 05:22:17 PM »
thanks for the reply, i think i got the gist of it...

do let us know about the system u follow regularly, once you are comfortable with it and have tested it...

Offline Sadiq Jafri

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Deranged Trader
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 09:34:01 PM »
dow daily and s&p500 daily charts....pennant break might bring some more downside...lets see

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 02:46:07 PM »
broken below its last week low of 7900