Author Topic: BOK-- Bank Of Khyber  (Read 16198 times)

Offline Karuli

• Thanks Received: 3
    • View Profile
BOK-- Bank Of Khyber
« Reply #-1 on: September 04, 2009, 04:42:45 PM »
what happened with bok today upper cap

Pakinvestorsguide

BOK-- Bank Of Khyber
« Reply #-1 on: September 04, 2009, 04:42:45 PM »

Offline 007

• Thanks Received: 74
    • View Profile
Re: BOK-- Bank Of Khyber
« on: September 04, 2009, 11:30:32 PM »
beats me

but imagine the huge gains ppl made in a single day

Offline Karuli

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 07:34:23 PM »
Green today why farzooq bhai, market is bearish

Toshi

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 10:49:14 AM »
BoK opens branch in Multan

MULTAN (December 20 2009): Chief Executive Officer Bank of Khyber (BoK), Bilal Mustafa here on Saturday inaugurated the BoK's first branch in the city. Speaking on the occasion, he said every branch of BoK will have a separate counter for Islamic banking to facilitate clients interested in Islamic banking products. All branches will also handle import/export matters to facilitate importers and exporters at local level.

BoK earned a profit of Rs 266 million in 2008, despite troubles faced by the banking sector. However, profit earning was steady in 2009, registering a Rs 700 million profit so far and the bank chief hopes it will rise with the opening of new branches and cost cutting measures.

He said the bank had invested Rs 4 billion in the stock exchange and hoped that a sizable increase in profits was expected in 2010. He said the State Bank of Pakistan had toughened the paid-up capital policy. He said the banks's paid-up capital was Rs 5 billion and it would have to increase it up to Rs 10 billion by 2013. He said BoK's Maala Maal scheme offered good profits. "The bank is more focused on small and medium enterprises and it is our policy to enhance support to the sector by 20 per cent every year," he added.

Offline azam56

• Thanks Received: -6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 06:12:50 AM »
BoK being privatised

KARACHI (December 31 2009): The NWFP government has decided to privatise the Bank of Khyber (BoK) to make it an active, progressive and successful bank. Talking to Business Recorder here Wednesday, BoK Managing Director Bilal Mustafa said recently the NWFP Cabinet had approved privatisation plan of the bank and decided to hand over the bank management to the private sector, which could run it on professional grounds.

"The provincial government, which enjoys majority shareholding in BoK, has decided to privatise the bank and hand over the management to those, who would prove 26 percent shareholding in the bank," Mustafa said. However, he added the process would be tied with the formal approval of the regulator - SBP.

He said presently the NWFP government has some 51 percent shareholding in the bank, while remaining 49 percent shareholding is held by private sector. Replying a question, the MD said the bank has yet to achieve the SBP Minimum Capital Requirement (MCR) condition and recently requested for further extension, which is likely to be granted in next few days. He said the "privatisation process is also part of our effort to meet the MCR condition."

The bank's 41st branch started operation on Wednesday at Karachi and it is the seventh branch inaugurated during the last two week, he informed. He said presently the bank's 18 Islamic and 23 conventional branches are working across the country, however, BoK has major operation in NWFP with 26 branches.

The MD said under the expansion plan some 18 new branches would be added to the bank network, and the branch network would reach 75 in 2011. "All new branches are online and offer facility of Auto Teller Machine (ATM), beside special Islamic banking desk," he added.

He said the bank's Non-Performing Loans have posted some increase and the profitability has declined due to financial meltdown and war against terror in Swat and other parts of NWFP. The bank's overall assets currently stand at Rs 35 billion with a credit portfolio of Rs 14 billion, he added.

Offline azam56

• Thanks Received: -6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 02:47:32 AM »
[/img]

Offline Karuli

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 02:57:57 PM »

Offline suneelahmed

• Thanks Received: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 01:23:13 PM »
dear research doctor salam

i was reading this above post but the bank is in loss infact losses increased in 2009 as compare to 2008. please comment is it ok to buy with the above news, maybe i am wrong because you do alot of research. thanks. willl wait for your reply. thanks again.

Offline Research Doctor

• Thanks Received: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 01:53:06 PM »
dear research doctor salam

i was reading this above post but the bank is in loss infact losses increased in 2009 as compare to 2008. please comment is it ok to buy with the above news, maybe i am wrong because you do alot of research. thanks. willl wait for your reply. thanks again.

after that year end result, the BOK market price remained consolidated. and after that 1Q result was out with profit and EPS 0.21.

Bank Of Khyber 29 April 2010
EPS = 0.21
PROFIT AFTER TAXATION RS. IN MILLION 39.719
FINANCIAL RESULT FOR THE FIRST QUARTER ENDED 31/03/2010
PROFIT BEFORE TAXATION RS. IN MILLION 147.029

after this result, fall was not expected. it is due to correction in market. And u see market by order.....lot of buyers @ low rates but no one is ready to sell at those low rates so turn over minimum......so falling with low volumes is indication of a rally soon. But i would suggest u not to indulge in a stock that u r not satisfied. NIB may be even better than BOK if u r positive abt that

Offline suneelahmed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 01:57:50 PM »
thanks again please do not get me wrong and thanks for the update, i was just little confused about the results now since you have clarified and now everything is ok. i have no idea about nib so i am sticking with bok.  :thanks:

Offline Research Doctor

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 02:04:23 PM »
thanks again please do not get me wrong and thanks for the update, i was just little confused about the results now since you have clarified and now everything is ok. i have no idea about nib so i am sticking with bok.  :thanks:

wanna get immediate ideas for each stock???
best gift for u.......visit

http://invest.pk/

Offline suneelahmed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 02:17:23 PM »
thanks but you please keep upto date with bok and other small share stocks. thanks

students

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 10:10:22 PM »
janab research doctor bhai

thori se aap se shikayet he, ke aap ne jo suneel sahab ko first qtr. ka result batya he, woh bulkul theek he, magar agar aap saal ka result compare kare ge last year se to loss barh giya he. aap please is ko explain kare take hum sub faida utha sake dosre baat aap keh rahe he i month ya us se pehle rs. 5 touch kare ga, kiya aap ke paas inside news he, agar he to me bhe 10000 share le leta hoon, hum is forum me ek dosre ko faida dene ke liya aae he. suneel bhai aap se guzarish he please research bhai ka jawab ka wait kare q ke meere khiyal se loss barh giya he, or jis tarh research bhai batae, woh research ke aadmi he. neeche me ne sara data paste kardiya he. source he, www.ksestocks.com :thanks:
research bhai aap ke answer ka wait karoo ga phir ek do share ke bare me or poocho ga. thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bank Of Khyber 29 April 2010
10:22 AM
(PKT +5:00GMT) EPS = 0.21
PROFIT/LOSS AFTER TAXATION RS. IN MILLION 39.719
FINANCIAL RESULT FOR THE FIRST QUARTER ENDED 31/03/2010
PROFIT/LOSS BEFORE TAXATION RS. IN MILLION 147.029

-----------------------------------------------------------
Bank Of Khyber 08 March 2010
09:40 AM
(PKT +5:00GMT) BOOK CLOSURE TO 29/03/2010
BOOK CLOSURE FROM 22/03/2010
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING WILL BE HELD ON 29/03/2010
EPS = (1.27)
PROFIT/LOSS AFTER TAXATION RS. IN MILLION (637.183)
PROFIT/LOSS BEFORE TAXATION RS. IN MILLION (798.770)
FINANCIAL RESULT FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31/12/2009 -
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bank Of Khyber 26 October 2009
03:27 PM
(PKT +5:00GMT) EPS = (0.61)
FINANCIAL RESULT FOR THE NINE MONTHS ENDED 30/09/2009
PROFIT/LOSS AFTER TAXATION RS. IN MILLION (305.089)
PROFIT/LOSS BEFORE TAXATION RS. IN MILLION (338.319)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bank Of Khyber 31 August 2009
09:52 AM
(PKT +5:00GMT) EPS = (0.93)
PROFIT/LOSS AFTER TAXATION RS. IN MILLION (465.716)
FINANCIAL RESULT FOR THE HALF YEAR ENDED 30/06/2OO9
PROFIT/LOSS BEFORE TAXATION RS. IN MILLION (597.230)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Bank Of Khyber 24 April 2009
04:34 PM
(PKT +5:00GMT) EPS = (0.30)
PROFIT/LOSS AFTER TAXATION RS. IN MILLION (151.627)
PROFIT/LOSS BEFORE TAXATION RS. IN MILLION (151.391)
FINANCIAL RESULT FOR THE FIRST QUARTER ENDED 31/03/2OO9
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bank Of Khyber 04 March 2009
11:28 AM
(PKT +5:00GMT) ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING WILL BE HELD ON 30/03/2009
BOOK CLOSURE TO 30/03/2009
BOOK CLOSURE FROM 23/03/2009
EPS = 0.27
PROFIT/LOSS AFTER TAXATION RS. IN MILLION 137.348
PROFIT/LOSS BEFORE TAXATION RS. IN MILLION 205.896
FINANCIAL RESULT FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31/12/2OO8

Offline Research Doctor

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 10:33:46 PM »
Actually i had not given any buy call for BOK as comprehended by the members. I had just pointed out that it is (at present levels) much better and safer than SILK.
This was based on the fact that it is now at 6-months low price.
2ndly it fell steadily from 5. Past trend is that it falls steadily from 5 to 4.2-4.3 range and then rises again to 5. this time due to correctve market phase it is seen more lower and also volumes have reduced in it, so its rise will be more swift.
However i still say, from my side there is no buy call but a comparative call. And this comparative call is even more strong for NIB. And major comparison is with SILK which i think is not safe until 3 level. 

students

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 11:20:20 PM »
janab research bhai aap ne mera dil jeet liya, ab mera bhe dil chah raha he ke aap ke kehne se koi stock puchase karloo. me ne jo thora bhot samjha to mere smajh me sepco, kio ke sepco ka result bhut acha aya he thora se fark para he itna nehe, or snbl bank rs. 8 hold kiya hua he, warna bok, please suggest kar de. thanks in tenno me se or holding period or target price for each item (sepco, snbl, bok). shukriya

Offline Research Doctor

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 12:14:12 AM »
students! why did u change ur ID from sirsalims? sir se student kiun ban gay?

Offline sirsalims

• Thanks Received: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 07:57:07 PM »
hello research doctor sahab

bok is not easy to buy because there is not much seller and buyer, and if you buy then who you going to sell. please suggest other stock, which can easily sell or buy. thanks

Offline wasi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 08:00:10 PM »
Buy JSIL around 8 and sleep :lazy2:

Offline Research Doctor

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 08:10:18 PM »
@sirsalims
u r a person who runs without listening to the answers. So aap ka ilaaj mushkil hai. When u told u had 1Lac SNBL, then not only I but many seniors replied. But u did not reply and rather u changed ur ID as STUDENTS and asked kiddish questions. I must tell u if u certainly are in problem, then ur problem will not be solved this way. Agar aap  kay paas koi do-chaar hazaar SNBL hotay tu un ka ilaaj BOK yaa koi aur choota-mota share ker sakta tha. Aik lakh SNBL ka ilaaj yeh bilkul nahin. Aap agar serious hain tu SNBL wala thread khol ker us main main ne Farzooq bahi se jo discuss kia us main jo shares likhay hain woh note karain aur un ko buy ker lain. BOK aap ke liye hai hi nahi. Aur hum buht experinced log hain aur aapkay habits ko dekh ker maswara de rahay hain ke stocks aap ka kaam nahi........u r here only for gaining shocks.......get technical and serious approach other wise leave this business with this much loss as enough.
More over if still u feel problems not solved.......the Farzooq bhai ke "personal mureed/Mareez" ban ker fees ada karain aur stocks kay mazay uthain....

Offline wasi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 08:48:40 PM »
 A very sincere advise by Research Doctor. Now you to decide????????????????/  :skeptic:

Tags: Afzal Tahir