Author Topic: THALL -- Thal Limited  (Read 42826 times)

Offline SBM

• Master Troll
  • Administrator
  • Thanks Received: 100
  • Ouulman :)
    • View Profile
Re: THALL -- Thal Limited
« Sticky post on: October 19, 2013, 09:30:56 PM »
relationship of Thall with Metro cash & carry business

Thall owns 60% of habib metro pakistan (leaseholder of the land on which stores are built, rents it to operator)
thall owns 25% of metro habib cash and carry      (operator of 9 METRO  branded stores )
thall owns   100%     of makro-habib pakistan ( leaseholder of the land of the disputed saddar store )

habib metro pays dividends to the extent of rent it receives from the operator (330 million this year )
metro habib c & c made a loss of 1.562 billion in 6 months ending june and 520 million last year & may need equity injection going forward.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 09:33:31 PM by ouulman »
I hate waking up.

Pakinvestorsguide

« Reply #-1 on: October 19, 2013, 09:30:56 PM »

Toshi

THALL -- Thal Limited
« on: September 14, 2009, 09:52:12 PM »
All About Thal Limited
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 09:08:02 PM by M&M »

Toshi

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 09:52:44 PM »
Date: 14/09/2009 
Symbol Code: THALL  Company Name: THAL LIMITED 
Profit/Loss: (N/A)  Amount: (N/A) 
Before/After Tax: After  Half/Full Year: Full Year  Period: 30/06/2009 
Dividend: (N/A) %  Bonus Shares: (N/A) %  Right Shares: (N/A) %
AGM Date: (N/A)  Book Closure From: (N/A) 
Book Closure To: (N/A)  Board Meeting Date: 18/09/2009 
General Info: Board meeting at 10:00 a.m. 

Offline Papa Jee

• Play Safe.
  • Thanks Received: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 10:09:19 PM »
Its result is also good

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Thanks Received: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 02:44:43 PM »
18-SEP-09 THALL Thal Limited FINANCIAL RESULT FOR THE YEAR ENDED 30/06/2OO9
18-SEP-09 THALL Thal Limited DIVIDEND = 20%(F)
18-SEP-09 THALL Thal Limited BONUS ISSUE = 20%
18-SEP-09 THALL Thal Limited PROFIT/LOSS BEFORE TAXATION RS. IN MILLION 988.680
18-SEP-09 THALL Thal Limited PROFIT/LOSS AFTER TAXATION RS. IN MILLION 654.095
18-SEP-09 THALL Thal Limited EPS = 15.34
18-SEP-09 THALL Thal Limited ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING WILL BE HELD ON 26/10/2OO9
18-SEP-09 THALL Thal Limited BOOK CLOSURE FROM 20/10/2009
18-SEP-09 THALL Thal Limited BOOK CLOSURE TO 26/10/2009

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 04:48:35 PM »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 01:14:57 PM »
Jute: THALL - Investor Briefing notes

Thal Limted (THALL) (formerly Thal Jute Mills Limited) is engaged in the manufacture of jute goods, engineering goods, papersack and laminate sheets

The Engineering segment accounts for 60% of the company’s revenue while Building & Allied division accounts for the rest (as per 1QFY10 results)

THALL has a 55% stake in the cash&carry wholesaler, Makro-Habib. In case it closes down the Lines Area outlet by Feb10 the company is expected to charge PKR500mn (EPS impact: PKR6.3) as immediate impairment loss in its accounts

The company’s profitability largely depends upon the agricultural growth and industrial activity in the country. With a healthy growth expected in the agriculture sector we expect jute sales of the company to post a robust growth in FY10E. Similarly, auto sales are also expected to post a 20% growth in FY10E which should translate into higher sales for the engineering division at THALL. Furthermore, a relatively buoyant activity in the downstream industries could also pump up sales and profits of the paper sack and laminates division going forward

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 12:20:20 PM »
Pakistan asks BD to lift ban on jute export

Tuesday, January 26, 2010
By Israr Khan

ISLAMABAD: A row between Bangladesh and Pakistan is developing over Dhaka’s ban on export of raw jute, which is threatening the survival of 14 jute mills and livelihood of 100,000 workers in Pakistan.

Pakistan imported around 120,000 tons of raw jute a year from Bangladesh and Dhaka’s ban could compel Islamabad to review its trade policy, sources in the Ministry of Food and Agriculture told The News.

“Food security cannot be ensured if the ban is not removed quickly,” Federal Food and Agriculture Minister Nazar Muhammad Gondal said while talking to Bangladesh’s Acting High Commissioner Sufi-ur-Rehman in a meeting here on Monday.

“The issue is quite critical and needs urgent consideration from the government of Bangladesh,” he added.

The ban must be seen in the context of food security as without jute bags Pakistan’s government would face immense difficulty in packing commodities, particularly wheat.

“Both the countries have ample potential in the agricultural sector and can immensely benefit from each other. We need to find long-term solutions to our issues. We request the Bangladesh government to show flexibility to Pakistan,” he said.

On December 7, 2009, Bangladesh banned raw jute export to over two dozen countries including Pakistan. The ban was imposed without prior notice and at a worst time for the jute industry of Pakistan.

Gondal said not only local jute mills would suffer but also those dealing in wheat, rice and other agricultural products would be badly hit due to the persistent ban on the export of raw jute.

Members of the All Pakistan Jute Mills Association has already established letters of credit for import of 28,576 tons of raw jute and LCs for an additional 33,550 tons were in process at the time of the imposition of ban.

If the ban remains in place for a longer period, availability of bardana (gunny bags) for wheat, rice, fruits and vegetables would become a serious problem.

The food ministry has requested that already established LCs should be honoured and jute be supplied to Pakistan at already agreed prices and terms and conditions.

Bangladesh has not so far fully released raw jute consignment of Pakistan which was brought for loading on ships for export.

The government on Monday once gain requested Dhaka to intervene in the matter, as the ban would adversely affect the packing of wheat and other agricultural commodities and cause food security problem.

Bangladesh has even blocked export of ready for shipment and paid consignment to Pakistan. Although at the beginning of January Bangladesh partially released the shipment, it blocked other jute products ready for export.

According to the jute mills association, Bangladesh has violated international norms both on legal and moral grounds as the payment for shipments had already been made through TT/LCs. The sellers have also increased prices of raw jute, making it uneconomical for Pakistani industry.

The BD high commissioner said the ban was not country-specific and pledged that he would convey the request to his government asking it to show flexibility to the brotherly country.

Gondal appreciated the high commissioner’s proposal to work jointly in value addition in the jute mills industry which would benefit the two countries.

He said the consignments already ready for shipments must be released soon to avert problems in the near future.

He said a delegation comprising both the public and private sectors would soon visit Bangladesh to look into the matter and find ways and means to resolve the issue once and for all.

Offline Farzooq

• Administrator
  • Thanks Received: 196
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 12:52:08 PM »
bm 22nd feb
TOP PICKS
Engro fatima ogdc pol pso dgkc mlcf kapco npl ubl atrl nml efoods aicl hcar searl

Offline Farzooq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 02:42:55 PM »
eps 10.1 dps 1
TOP PICKS
Engro fatima ogdc pol pso dgkc mlcf kapco npl ubl atrl nml efoods aicl hcar searl

Toshi

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 02:53:58 PM »
eps 10.1 dps 1

Result is OK but looks fairly priced at 88.
Better to book profits here.
May go down.

Offline Farzooq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 01:37:57 PM »
TOP PICKS

Offline UT

• Thanks Received: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 01:06:02 AM »
Nicely capped
 :banana: :khikhi:

Offline mian saeed

• Thanks Received: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 09:00:59 PM »
i have a question, i have checked thall announed 20%, dividend. i've 1200 Thall and today i received dividend of Rs.1200/- should'nt it be Rs.2400/- @ 20% ???? >:( is itmy calculation mistake or Thall is trying to deprive me from my dividend. :arrowhead:

Offline Farzooq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 09:02:34 PM »
i have a question, i have checked thall announed 20%, dividend. i've 1200 Thall and today i received dividend of Rs.1200/- should'nt it be Rs.2400/- @ 20% ???? >:( is itmy calculation mistake or Thall is trying to deprive me from my dividend. :arrowhead:

as far as i remember dps was rs 1 per share
TOP PICKS

Offline mian saeed

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 09:15:14 PM »
you are right, i'hve checked notice on KSE website, it said Rs.1 dividend per share i.e 20%, so  :speak_cool: it was my mistake... but farzooq sb, can you explain, is the difference is because of face value??? or what??

Offline Farzooq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 09:24:08 PM »
you are right, i'hve checked notice on KSE website, it said Rs.1 dividend per share i.e 20%, so  :speak_cool: it was my mistake... but farzooq sb, can you explain, is the difference is because of face value??? or what??

face value rs 5
TOP PICKS

Offline mian saeed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 10:31:52 PM »

Offline Farzooq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 09:28:45 AM »
eps 17.22
TOP PICKS

Offline Heart Breaker

• Thanks Received: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 02:23:32 PM »
eps 17.22

This time THALL will make new high above 100 plus. Buy THALL khaho phall  :goodc: :goodc:

Offline Heart Breaker

• Thanks Received: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 10:18:25 AM »
STRONG BUY CALL FOR THALL THIS TIME IT WILL CROSS 100  :biggrin: