Author Topic: PSX -- Pakistan Stock Exchange formerly Karachi Stock Exchange  (Read 2954496 times)

Offline Farzooq

• Administrator
  • Thanks Received: 196
    • View Profile
PSX -- Pakistan Stock Exchange formerly Karachi Stock Exchange
« Reply #-1 on: January 31, 2010, 10:23:22 AM »

Kse 100 index is trading below the 10 and 20 day moving averages which is bearish in the short term
but above 50 100 and 200 day moving averages main trend is bullish
rsi is neutral zone while macd is bearish

support 9400
resistance 9640 and 9750
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 12:47:07 PM by M&M »
TOP PICKS
Engro fatima ogdc pol pso dgkc mlcf kapco npl ubl atrl nml efoods aicl hcar searl

Pakinvestorsguide

PSX -- Pakistan Stock Exchange formerly Karachi Stock Exchange
« Reply #-1 on: January 31, 2010, 10:23:22 AM »

Offline Farzooq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: KSE 100 Index
« on: January 31, 2010, 10:47:21 AM »
Equity market stays under selling pressure  

Sunday, January 31, 2010
KARACHI: Confusing developments on political front related to implementation of Supreme Court judgment on annulled NRO kept the equity market under selling pressure for the second consecutive week.

Better than expected corporate results announced by a few of blue chips for the period ended on December 31 allowed some result-specific buying during the week.

The KSE 100-share Index fell 1.67 per cent or 163.40 points on weekly basis and closed at 9,614.19 points. Its junior partner the 30-Index shed more 2.21 per cent or 228.08 points and concluded at 10,056.18 points.

Although more than half of results announced this week were better than market expectations, political instability on account of implementing the Supreme Court detailed judgment on void NRO in letter and spirit did not allow market to behave beyond conservative limits, analysts said.

Subsequently, the NIT-LOC related selling, KSE exposure calls to brokers, declining crude oil prices in the world markets, depreciating rupee versus dollar and spill over effect of bearish trends in regional markets altogether kept local bazaar under selling pressure ahead of likely tight monetary policy announcement.

The first four (Monday-Thursday) sessions of the week closed on negative note, cumulatively bringing down the market by another two per cent. But buying on lower levels on Friday (also seen on Thursday) helped market recover modestly.

Buying in result-specific shares reduced the average daily turnover to 167.27 million shares this week, which was about 27 per cent lower than last week’s turnover.

On the contrary, turnover in future market jumped to robust (i.e. 38 million shares in a single session on Friday) on speculation about a slight cut in the central bank lending rate. State Bank of Pakistan, however, announced no change (as expected) in its lending rates on Saturday evening.

Selling pressure resulted in wiping out another Rs46 billion from the head of overall market capitalisation, which fell to Rs2,767 billion this week.

Accordingly, local companies, overseas investors and mutual funds emerged as net sellers during the week of $13.6 million, $1.3 million and $2.5 million respectively. In contrast, Banks and NBFCs were the net buyers of $11.7 million and $1.3 million, calculated JS Research.

KASB Securities reported that negative headlines around politics, NIT-LOC related selling pressure and dip in regional markets kept the market under pressure.

Oil and gas sector remained under pressured on declining crude oil prices meanwhile PPL received battering on lower than expected earnings and payout (EPS of Rs4.8 and Rs4 dividend) for second quarter of fiscal year 2010.

Fertilizers attracted interest as FFBL posted stronger than expected 2009 result (EPS of Rs4.05 and Rs2.25 dividend) but lost its charm later in the week as FFC posted slightly below expected 2009 earnings of Rs13 per shares though dividend was more than expected at Rs12.76 per share.

Lucky Cement also released results for the first half of fiscal year 2010 in the week that were somewhat better than expected earnings (EPS Rs5.89) on better export volumes. Improving industrial production failed to excite the market as foreign exchange reserves volatility kept sentiments at bay, maintained KASB Securities.

Among blue chips, PTC is the only scrip scheduled to announce results of the first half of fiscal year 2010 next week. Volumes in PTC remained robust, while activity in the other blue chips remained muted, JS Research added.

Wazir Ali Industries, Gharibwal Cement, Lucky Cement, Lotte Pakistan PTA and Colgate Palmolive were major gainers while Sigma Leasing, Silkbank, Abbott Laboratories, Engro Polymer and WorldCall Telecom were major losers at KSE this week. —SS

TOP PICKS
Engro fatima ogdc pol pso dgkc mlcf kapco npl ubl atrl nml efoods aicl hcar searl

Offline Farzooq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 02:02:27 PM »
TOP PICKS

Offline Learner7

• Thanks Received: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 05:00:47 PM »
Dear MAV & Farzooq Bhai,

What happend to this topic, where are all our previous posts in this thread?  :(

Offline Farzooq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 05:45:00 PM »
Dear MAV & Farzooq Bhai,

What happend to this topic, where are all our previous posts in this thread?  :(

:( :msn_cry:
TOP PICKS

Offline Learner7

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 05:47:25 PM »
Dear MAV & Farzooq Bhai,

No contingency plan, backup of forum database in case of accident  :shock: :ohmy:

Offline Farzooq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 05:57:17 PM »
Dear MAV & Farzooq Bhai,

No contingency plan, backup of forum database in case of accident  :shock: :ohmy:

it was an accident
backup is done on monthly basis
wasnt able to contact the IT guy today
might be able to restored it soon
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 06:02:27 PM by Farzooq »
TOP PICKS

Offline Learner7

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 06:05:56 PM »

it was an accident
backup is done on monthly basis
wasnt able to contact the IT guy today
might be able to restored it soon

Ok, thanks.

Offline Learner7

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 06:07:40 PM »
Forget about Tezi in this week.

Market will hover around narrow band and gradually slips down.

I expect 9100 should be hit maximum in next 9 sessions.

Offline abcd

• Thanks Received: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 06:45:17 PM »

it seems farzook and his aide follow same traditional panic spread instance.But remeber markt moves on realities not assumtion.If u wan this site to match with tm than u need people like abdul mateen khan,kse101 umair,azam sb and mji always rendering true advise without personal gains.Merely requesting people to leave tm and work 4 this forum may not work 4 longer.Be sincere with members.markt trades at  9.1k in feb is not possible man.
Stock trading is a science and art too

Offline Learner7

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 06:51:22 PM »
Baba Jee, what's make you angry.

If you do not agree with others, better give your own dehan rather try to dominate your will.

hold your nerves, tolerance is the key. :goodl:

Offline Farzooq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 06:55:39 PM »

it seems farzook and his aide follow same traditional panic spread instance.But remeber markt moves on realities not assumtion.If u wan this site to match with tm than u need people like abdul mateen khan,kse101 umair,azam sb and mji always rendering true advise without personal gains.Merely requesting people to leave tm and work 4 this forum may not work 4 longer.Be sincere with members.markt trades at  9.1k in feb is not possible man.

no one has asked anyone to leave any other forum and work for this forum
and by spreading panic or showing the true picture no one of us is making personal gains

regards
TOP PICKS

Offline abcd

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 06:58:56 PM »
Plz take my critisim in possitive way.Last month incorrect bm dates of several stocks were reported in threads and when varified by members than it was replied that those where last year dates.These r damn serious matter n we plan our change in portfolio purely basing on these.I m not annoyed n hav full control on my nerues and suggest all this 4 ur betterment bro

Offline abcd

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 07:01:24 PM »
U r doing good job.work possitively.U gonna get more hits and add too.

Offline Farzooq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 07:03:47 PM »
go and check scripwise topics hundreds of buy calls and targets were issued
when the mrkt was bullish and selling was recommended as these targets were achieved

exit calls were issued around 10k levels and mrkt fell 600 points from there
no fresh buy calls has been issue as the short term trend of the market is bearish

we have not stopped anyone from buying
please do buy if u can afford lose and hold long
we would love to wait for trend to change before issuing fresh buy calls
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 04:31:38 PM by Big Broker »
TOP PICKS

Offline Farzooq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 07:09:19 PM »
Plz take my critisim in possitive way.Last month incorrect bm dates of several stocks were reported in threads and when varified by members than it was replied that those where last year dates.These r damn serious matter n we plan our change in portfolio purely basing on these.I m not annoyed n hav full control on my nerues and suggest all this 4 ur betterment bro

there is a lot of difference between bm by and bm on for those who understand
TOP PICKS

Offline abcd

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 07:20:58 PM »

there is a lot of difference between bm by and bm on for those who understand

oh really. thanx indeed for clarifying.

Offline Learner7

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 07:33:50 PM »
I remember your entry at tm about 2 - 3 years back, the African Magic Baba. :pp:

Baba Jee, apni saktiyon sa kam lain na aor sab ko batian ka 10K kab cross ho ga.
wo saktiyain kanha gayian :thumbsup_still:

Offline abcd

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 07:38:13 PM »
I remember your entry at tm about 2 - 3 years back, the African Magic Baba. :pp:

Baba Jee, apni saktiyon sa kam lain na aor sab ko batian ka 10K kab cross ho ga.

lol,bro i told u my critism was purely with the intent to guide 4 betterment of forum.Thanx 4 remembering my entrance

Offline Mansoor1

• Thanks Received: -6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 08:02:41 PM »

Why Hunduism is promoted at this forum... sakti, karma..... what a hell all this.... :notcool: