Author Topic: Latest News  (Read 2109259 times)

Offline LongHaul

• Thanks Received: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Latest News
« Reply #11039 on: May 14, 2019, 10:10:59 PM »
https://youtu.be/QjyzPSNPtVU

https://dunyanews.tv/en/Pakistan/491438-Tax-Amnesty-Scheme-Federal-Cabinet-

;) :D ::) :[
You are right, this is the complete opposite of IK's statement prior to elections. Lekin, question ye hay ke is there any other option? IK's mistake is that he made big statements without realizing the reality of situation which is this:

1) Huge debt - itna karza hay humpe ke chukaye na chuke ga
2) Poor tax collection - koi tax dena he nahi cahta - mostly our local small and medium businesses - such as bakery, mithai ki shops, small hotels etc, even high-end restaurants - they make a lot of money but hide their true sales to pay less tax and often no tax at all until someone catches them
3) Years of bad policies - jahan dollar ko zabardasti neeche rakha gaya takay awam ko mehsoos na ho, lekin aik din all that debt comes back, aur aaj wo din aagaya hay. IK ki mistake ye hay ke he came into power jab loot maar ke hisab ki bari aagai hai.

Simple as that - yes, he made statements he should have thought more about, lekin all we are facing now is not his fault - ye sab to hona tha, cahay IK hota government me ya phir may hota ya aap hote.

Is waqt qaum ko bhi jaagna parega, we have to fix ourselves also - jisko dekho sochta hay ke may nikal jaon baki jo marzi karain. Anyhow, Ramzan hay, let's pray and ask Allah to make it better warna in the end, hum sab he loser honge, humara he nuksan hay, humare mulk ka nuksaan hay. Allah humare mulk ko bachaye, ameen.

Its called hypocrisy,dont mince your words....call a spade a spade

while in opposition he criticizes everything which he is doing right now

pls just dont try to justify his wrongs
My mistake, I was mincing words yes, but only because in my own personal, humble opinion, I still do not think his intention was to go back on his words. I do believe he meant what he said, but what he said was without taking ground realities into account. It's like when uncles sit in drawing rooms and discuss, and they give blanket statements - corruption khatam to mulk sahi - it is not that simple, and Imran's mistake was that he believed and then re-iterated these simple blanket statements.

That being said, I still have hope, but that is just me. I am not justifying him, I am just trying to say, what other option did we have and do we have? Us time kisko government dete? PMLN? PPP? Aur ab, is situation me kya karain? Is there any doubt as to the corruption and poor practices of old regimes? I don't think so.

I do believe one thing very firmly, that regardless of what happens in this government's tenure, there is one good thing, if only thing, coming out of this, and that is the awakening of the Pakistani people. At least those who were sleeping earlier are taking an interest (or are forced to take an interest in the country's running) and the next government, whoever comes, will have a tough time because people will hold them accountable just like they are holding PTI accountable right now.

Pakinvestorsguide

« Reply #11039 on: May 14, 2019, 10:10:59 PM »

Offline LongHaul

• View Profile
« Reply #11040 on: May 14, 2019, 10:13:20 PM »
Small businesses/Mid business are already very much vanished due to new practices adopted by companies where they prefer to provide their products directly in customer hands through retail. In CPG (Consumer Packaged Industry) impact of these new practices already caused much more damage in last 10 years. (For E.G Due to Imtiaz Super Market, more then 100 families lose their businesses in Hyderi including 1000 people loose job who were working in and around those shops, Further Hyderi Market don't exit anymore). Similar things happen all over Pakistan.

With all due respect Mr. Long Haul, mithai shops, restaurants, bakeries they are not even 0.10 %  of overall economy. Further they all are paying indirect taxes in huge amounts in term of signs, non filer bank transactions, increased raw material, over billings, thefts, rents and with my own first hand information I am telling you that most of them are filers. Yes they hide sales because theft and maintenance ratio is very high, but again they are not even 0.10 of our economy.

First our institution and general public have to mentally admit that we are poor country.

Secondly they have to admit that general public who don't hold government offices not have any any big hidden income.

Third there is a difference between audited and unaudited economy and unaudited economy is not corruption.

Fourth they have to admit that our economy is run by unaudited money and audited economy which west is demanding requires trillions and trillions dollar of infrastructure.

There are many things I can share but honestly there is no way out except Government assure people that no one will send notices to public, no one will come on their doors, public will not be asked for their bank transactions, government don't harass public to become filer, rather government will collect indirect tax on each step.  Lastly they must have to cut defence budget into half and recover money from government employees of all institutions (Top to Bottom).

Sir very valid points, I agree with you on all accounts. I was just doing some research and came across this article from yesterday which is also discussing small businesses and taxes, might be good read also: https://tribune.com.pk/story/1971631/6-smes-tax-rewiring-obsolete-mindsets/

According to the author, a big chunk of our economy is based on SMEs.

Thank you for your comments brother.

Offline onlybulls

• View Profile
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 10:42:52 PM by onlybulls »

Offline A.W.Shaikh

• View Profile
« Reply #11042 on: May 14, 2019, 11:04:06 PM »
Thank you Long Haul, New blood with only internet exposure is dilema for our country. I completely disagree with this gentleman.

I have understanding of economy because I myself is associated with SMEs, Shopkeepers and companies since beginning. I saw most of the Karachi based companies trading in stock market getting establish with my own eyes, like tabba, tabani, HMFS, Soneri bank, Summit, MCB, schon group, treet and many more.

We are poor country. I don't know which city you are from. Due to restaurants and night life its a normal perception that in Karachi people have a lot of money  but in reality its opposite. So many times I asked in my circle that if everyone in Karachi is so prosperous then count food streets in city of 20 Million people.

No one hardly came up with more then 7 or 8 names. Oh common you are telling me that in a city of 20 Million people you don't even have 10 full blown 24 hours places as food street.

In simple reality is, that establishment purposely made general population naive on the name of religion, heroism etc and always made politicians escape goat. Now they are using social media. Our new generation is far far far away from reality and truth.

I really really hope best for our common people. These M F****** putting burden on common citizens and small already destroyed business individuals. Rather they need to cut down their own expenses.

Aray tum 6 billion dollar le rahe ho IMF se in 39 months. Army defence budget went 3 billion dollar up to 11.8 billion usd cash from 2016, usse he control krlo. Bechare aam aadmi aur us k bachoon ko kuin mar rahe hoo. Aray bhai shop keeper koi business man nahin hoti, bechara chohti se dukaan chalata hai, woh bhi aam aadmi ki tarah mulazim hota hai apni shop ka, kuin us bechare ghareeb ko insult kar rahe hoo, business k naam pe apni respect chuppa k betha hai.

Going in IMF is death death and only death for our common people and it will be disastrous for our defence forces later in future. Its time to take stand and say no, sab doob rahe hain aur kia hoga thora ziada doob gayein gay.

I see Imran Khan in danger, seems like there is a understanding between U.S and Army. Sooner or later Imran Khan will be neutralise and become a new Bhutto for South And Upper Punjab PTI.

Thanks,

Offline hizohaib3

• View Profile
« Reply #11043 on: May 14, 2019, 11:06:05 PM »

Offline jamalakhter

• View Profile
« Reply #11044 on: May 15, 2019, 12:12:12 AM »
Knife Brother,

Kindly don't start it again. I requested you before to respect people sentiments. Stock market is not gamble or satta except future contracts. Its pure trading like any other commodity.

It's good you are living humble life but that is your way of living. There are many people who don't even send kids to school rather join them in trading business on shops or other places because for them school is a waste of money and time both. So please leave it, these discussions are endless. Also my respected brother if you have nothing to do with stocks and it is so wrong then what you are doing here on this forum.

Please don't support any one. You have to admit that people are not naive they understand that except all institutions and its majority employee ( Legislation, Administration, Judiciary, Defense) no one is corrupt. Even industrialist don't come in circle of corruption because they do tax avoidance not evasion.

All others are common citizen who work hard. Some make money with physical hard work and some with mental smart work. Even lay man on street  understand that pillars of state I mentioned above imposed Mr. Imran Khan to hide themselves behind him. No one accept Mr. Imran Khan.

But now when he is already on seat there is not point of crying.

Please don't  hurt common people feelings. Otherwise I am afraid someone might curse you (Bad dua) because there are many people here who invested money for their kids education, daughter marriages, homes and so on. You don't know kon kis takleef mein hai.

I request everyone to pray in ramzan for all common people and sit tight. Dont panic and don't let people and brookers to panic you. Damage is already done, from this point it's death or gains. Either you like it or not, you have no option except supporting devils sitting in institutions to safeguard your interest neglecting the fact that it will also secure there money earned illegally through bribes, commission, theft and corruption. But that how it is. Take it or stress yourself.

May Allah bless you all.

Thanks,
       Sir,       Great, May Allah bless all of us

Offline onlybulls

• View Profile
« Reply #11045 on: May 15, 2019, 11:43:33 PM »

Offline LongHaul

• View Profile

Offline LongHaul

• View Profile

Offline LongHaul

• View Profile
« Reply #11048 on: May 17, 2019, 04:02:33 PM »
Bail out fund aa gaya hay bhaion:

"Hafeez Sheikh approves measures to support the #Pakistan #StockMarket by providing a Rs 20 billion fund through NIT"

https://twitter.com/geonews_urdu/status/1129330583119773696

Offline onlybulls

• View Profile
« Reply #11049 on: May 18, 2019, 02:04:26 PM »
https://tribune.com.pk/story/1975322/1-ogra-recommends-47-increase-gas-prices/

Pti already hiked prices of gas 143 % in this fiscal year. And this new hike will be addition.

Tbdeeli aye re tbdeeli aye re.
Hr roz aik nae mehngai ki khushkhabri lae re.

Kekra1

« Reply #11050 on: May 18, 2019, 05:09:14 PM »
Bail out fund aa gaya hay bhaion:

"Hafeez Sheikh approves measures to support the #Pakistan #StockMarket by providing a Rs 20 billion fund through NIT"

https://twitter.com/geonews_urdu/status/1129330583119773696
Dekhna yeh hai Kay Bail-out Fund hai kiya.  Iski capacity  just 17 to 20 Billion  PKR hai
..Kiya ye fund Monday se market ke direction ko bullish karay ga ya phir stocks ko lower caps par trading freeze karnay se rokay ga .  Kiya institutions twenty billions rupees se aik hee din Mai market ko support dain ge ya phir  1 to 3 billions rupees daily se support karain gee ..
After all it's Support Fund which will activate when market will take further weakness

Offline Engineer

• View Profile
« Reply #11051 on: May 18, 2019, 05:49:40 PM »
As received

*Kekra 1*
Unfortunately it's confirmed an hour or so before that no hydrocarbon found. They'll drill another 200 M by tomorrow noon just to be sure and then abandon.

.Kekra location map
Drilling of 6” hole is started from 5422 M. They will further drill down to 5625 M. They had witnessed kick after  drilling 20 M. Pressure recorded at surface is 92 bar. They had already logged in 8 1/2” hole where appears encouraging results. The last casing shoe of 7” is at 5422 M.

*Of kekras' hug!*

This would be some 14/15th off shore oil & gas exploration well that turns out dry, after familiar wishful speculations by people at the helm of affairs. I have been associated with the subject of oil & gas ever since I was the CEO of OGDCL from May 2000 to March 2003. After my retirement I did a number of papers  on our energy blues, some published from time to time. It's so sad that we still continue leaping into these multi million dollar exercises, almost blind folded, often to facilitate lucrative businesses for multi national and local private companies, with deep rooted vested interests at home and abroad. That, in this latest episode, the idling Italian deep sea drilling rig got a lucrative business, and both ENI and Exxon would go home laughing is no secret; finding a drop of oil or bubble of gas regardless. It's OGDCL & PPL, the national exchequer parts there of, which have paid through their nose. Let's also not be surprised either that these otherwise profitable public sector E&P companies are being cash starved by design, to dole them out cheaply; history is replete with such nasty examples. I have always been advocating  that we should long have taken in hand meaningful long term R&D, HRD, transfer of technology and indgenisation with a view to effecting sustainable energy security; something that's hardly understood or even talked about.
It's on record that Team 2000-2003 of OGDC had conceived one such vision, evolved policies and implemented some viable plans towards helping achieve energy security quite successfully. Unfortunately, all our efforts were reversed by mid 2003. Alas, our energy blues would continue, both on and off shore, unless we correct our direction and intent with utmost sincerity.

Regards,
Parvez Akmal

Offline HAMDANI_Punjtani

• Thanks Received: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11052 on: May 20, 2019, 04:48:14 PM »
DR 150 bps increased. negative
BOP,ENGRO,TGL,KEL,HASCOL,Efoods,Dgkc,ffbl

Offline lancer26

• Asim