Author Topic: ISL -- International Steel Limited  (Read 225740 times)

Offline Abdul Qadir

• Research
  • Thanks Received: 79
    • View Profile
Re: ISL -- International Steel Limited
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 02:39:15 PM »
Steel sector companies often suffers from Cashflows which ultimately results in higher finance cost and lower profitablility.

Pakinvestorsguide

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 02:39:15 PM »

Offline Farzooq

• Administrator
  • Thanks Received: 196
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 12:01:39 PM »
International Steel likely to yield profits at the end of full year... International Steel Limited (ISL) is engaged in the business of producing and marketing of cold rolled coils and hot dip Galvanized steel. Over the span of time the company has grown WIth equity of Rs4 bn. All the process units are fully operational; the rolling mill is now geared up for 3 shifts/ day. We see exponential growth in top line. Steel Industry Dynamics The industry directly employs more than 2mn people worldwide, plus 2mn contractors and 4mn people in supporting industries. Including industries such as construction, transport and energy, the steel industry is at the source of employment for more than 50mn people. The annual production of Galvanised sheet worldwide in FY10 recorded at 31.5mn tons whereas production for cold rolled coils and sheet remained at 30.9mn tonnes reported a growth of 24%. China, Japan and NAFTA countries are the largest steel manufacturers and have been the major price players in the last several years. The ingots and semi-finished material production remained at 56.6mn tones in FY10 Margins remained under pressure though emerging markets are beam of light Profits margins in 1QFY13 remained under pressure due to a reduction in the Import Trade Price (ITP) of cold rolled and Galvanized coils.

Here we see a good sign since ISL is a green field project which is now showing good sales appetite and also export prospects. The net turnover for the period 1HFY13 jumped by 18% to 7bn from Rs.5.9bn in 1HFY12. This probably consists of gradual increase in exports, as the company has been able to make entries in South Africa and other Asian countries. Moreover, the recent development likewise cement sector has also allowed room for Pakistani steel manufacturers to export their products in Afghanistan. However, there is an increase in operating expenses i.e. by 71% in terms of admin expenses, which is understandable since overall topline is showing growth.

Valuation: The project shall be in profits by FY13 – PE 9.3x
Though ISL has reported a minimal loss in 1HFY13; but we see prospect of net earnings in FY13 since we consider ISL a sound project by valiant sponsors and joint venture partners. We see nearly Rs 1.29/sh EPS for FY13 and hence we remain positive in ISL. We signal BUY since PE arrives at 9.3x.

scstrade
TOP PICKS
Engro efert ogdc ppl pso dgkc luck hubc ubl hbl atrl nrl nml efoods aicl hcar searl

Offline investment.counter

• Thanks Received: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 10:39:58 AM »
Salam Bhai Good Result by ISL EPS for 3rd Q .41

Offline Irfy

• Thanks Received: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 08:27:52 PM »
Does anyone recommend to buy this share for long term/medium term??

Offline Irfy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2013, 06:02:33 PM »
Qadir bhai and seniors, your comments are needed for this share, that is, International Steel Limited (ISL)??? Will appreciate a lot...my broker is recommending this share for medium term...

Offline Laoo Maal

• Thanks Received: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2013, 10:53:23 PM »
Qadir bhai and seniors, your comments are needed for this share, that is, International Steel Limited (ISL)??? Will appreciate a lot...my broker is recommending this share for medium term...
strong demand of Hot dip galvanized steel in market
EPCL VCM plant is running smoothly

Both these ITems should be stocked as they have substantial growth
Laoo Isl and EPCL

Real growth Items  :fingerscrossed1:

Offline Laoo Maal

• Thanks Received: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2013, 03:17:41 PM »
strong demand of Hot dip galvanized steel in market
EPCL VCM plant is running smoothly

Both these ITems should be stocked as they have substantial growth
Laoo Isl and EPCL

Real growth Items  :fingerscrossed1:
Laoo ISL
Laoo EPCL
 :clap1: :clap1: :clap1:

Offline Irfy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2013, 07:24:25 PM »
ISL made us very happy....who were waiting for this moment..... :dance
Now the normal question: How long to keep? or sell as soon as one get couple of Rs.??? Advice wanted.

Offline Irfy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2013, 01:03:41 PM »
Anybody has any opinion about the International steel's future? What is the expected share price in December 2013?

Offline Irfy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2013, 12:17:07 PM »
Lao Mall International steel.... :dance

Offline MZ

• Research
  • Thanks Received: 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2013, 11:46:21 AM »
International Steels now in Green Zone... |BUY|
International Steels Limited (ISL) which has rated capacity of 250,000 tons of cold rolled coils and 150,000 tons of Hot Dipped Galvanized Steel is now in Green zone and we have positive expectations for full year results with earning targets of Re0.4-0.5.
Over FY11-12, we have witnessed dramatic changes in the dynamics of business. Although overall earnings has been dropped by 9% over FY11-12 whereas margins remained unchanged at a rate of 9% even in 9MFY13 results. The increase in sales was due to increased capacity utilisation in the wake of improved market penetration, brand loyalty and increasing demand. Exports were also a main trigger in fledgling sales figure where 6% of sales consisted of exports with Rs.1.02bn whereas local sales surged by 225% from Rs.4.5bn to Rs.14.7bn over FY11-12. Indeed, over 9MCY12-13 exports contributed 8% of total sales with 23% of growth.
It seems that management is trying to reduce non value adding costs as illustrated by reduction in 9%. However, there has been a huge turnaround in selling and distribution expenses where the figure surged by 170% during FY11-12 but cost to sales ratio has been slightly reduced from 0.75% to 0.57% over FY11-12 which justifies the relevant growth in expense head.
Trade debts have been soared from Rs.0.35mn to Rs.287mn which is translated into massive percentage. Due to this massive hike in trade debts, ISL has financed its working capital from short-term source finance i.e. Trade Payables and Short term borrowings causing drop in current ratio from 0.97x in FY11 to 0.89x in FY12. That is why, it could be predicted that collection from Receivables should be the main area of concerned in upcoming years since cash balance has also been dropped dramatically from Rs260mn in FY11 to just Rs3.9mn.
Expectations
Augmenting brand recognition along with increasing international & domestic steel prices are the factors that cause us to make good expectations for 1QFY14. Moreover, exports also provide ISL a new gateway for growth and also provide a competitive edge over other peers in the sector. We expect EPS of Re.0.4-0.5/sh in FY13 therefore; we remain positive and maintain our BUY stance.

Standard Capital Securities

Offline Irfy

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2013, 10:48:32 AM »
No dividend....in spite of good results.....?  How you guys see this share in medium term?

Offline SBM

• Master Troll
  • Administrator
  • Thanks Received: 100
  • Ouulman :)
    • View Profile
I hate waking up.

Offline SBM

• Master Troll
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 04:58:43 PM »
International Steels beats Expectations | New TP Rs 50
International Steels (ISL) vows with roaring results with PAT of Rs.363mn
(EPS:Re.0.84) depicting 448% growth over FY12-13.

The plant might have run above 76% which was the rate witnessed in FY12
since earnings have been risen up sharply.

During the period under review, margins remained unchanged at a level of
9% while Admin exp soared by 47% but the cost of sales ratio remained
constant over FY12-12 at a level of 0.6%.

Although, Selling and Distribution expenses raised up by 10% but cost to sales
ratio dropped from 0.6% in FY12 to 0.5% in FY13.

Roaring expectations going forward...
Our expectations for ISL are quite optimistic and we forecast the revised DCF
value of Rs.50/sh over 1 year span of time provided the company achieves
5% growth in earnings per annum.

We have an active coverage on ISL. We see optimum plant production to be
one real trigger.

We will soon come up with detailed coverage of ISL and its future potential
once actual numbers in full year’s books are unfolded.

scs
I hate waking up.

Offline Irfy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 05:16:48 PM »
This is very big TP expectation......!!!!! from Rs.16.58 to Rs.50/- in 1-year-time... if this is true or likely be true.....then we should sell all other shares....and buy ISL......!!!! seriously...

How good were the predictions of this research house in the past?  Do other seniors and researchers agree with this prediction....?  I am eager to hear.....

Offline SBM

• Master Troll
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2013, 05:29:15 PM »
This is very big TP expectation......!!!!! from Rs.16.58 to Rs.50/- in 1-year-time... if this is true or likely be true.....then we should sell all other shares....and buy ISL......!!!! seriously...

How good were the predictions of this research house in the past?  Do other seniors and researchers agree with this prediction....?  I am eager to hear.....

its looks very high for sure ...
waiting for annual report for better idea of company.
currently i dont have much ...
I hate waking up.

Offline SBM

• Master Troll
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2013, 05:36:31 PM »

you should never use this approach of "selling all others" to buy a single stock
it might work out and you may gain massively at times .. at others, you may lose all

always define what kind of exposure you want to take, some size where your potential expected return should be material and where the loss is something you can bear without much pain
I hate waking up.

Offline Irfy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2013, 05:59:09 PM »
Thanks buddy.... I would appreciate if you can get some more info on ISL......as I have earned some money in this share in the past.....also, it is favorite item of my broker....at the moment, i have not a single share....but I wish to enter in this share for long term....even if it takes 2 years to reach to Rs.50/- I will not mind that.....so please get the insight of this company and let us know...

Offline Poker Face

• Value Investor
  • Global Moderator
  • Thanks Received: 75
  • A small investor hoping to make it big
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2013, 08:31:20 PM »
Standard capital research was very much on the spot when they gave efoods target price of 140 just at the beginning of IPO. Their credibility is good but they themselves are not sure yet. I myself dont think such a huge tp for ISL.

Offline Salammembers

• Thanks Received: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2013, 09:10:50 PM »
Standard capital research was very much on the spot when they gave efoods target price of 140 just at the beginning of IPO. Their credibility is good but they themselves are not sure yet. I myself dont think such a huge tp for ISL.

Sir,
20-21 Qabool haay? and time period please  if answer is Yes

Tags: sabir ISL info