Author Topic: CDC - Central Depositary Company  (Read 2100 times)

um@ir

CDC - Central Depositary Company
« Reply #-1 on: October 09, 2008, 04:11:42 PM »
BMA to launch shares of CDC - Dawn

KARACHI, Oct 8: Central Depository Company of Pakistan (CDC) has awarded a mandate to BMA Capital to act as lead manager for the listing and Initial Public Offering (IPO) of shares in the company, said a release issued on Wednesday.

The listing is expected to take place through a fresh issue of shares on the Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad stock exchanges by January 2009.

“BMA is confident of an overwhelming response to the IPO based on CDC’s solid fundamentals and unsurpassed vision of its management,” said the release.

CDC was incorporated in 1993 and became operational in 1997 with the responsibility to manage and operate the Central Depository System (CDS). The company has enjoyed a solid performance in FY08 with revenues up 32 per cent from last year to Rs1.13bn and profit after tax up 51 per cent to Rs398 million.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 06:18:37 PM by M&M »

Pakinvestorsguide

CDC - Central Depositary Company
« Reply #-1 on: October 09, 2008, 04:11:42 PM »

Offline decentshaw

• Fundamental Investor
  • Thanks Received: 1
  • Invest Long
    • View Profile
Re: CDC - Central Depositary Company
« on: December 05, 2012, 09:33:18 PM »
Today my account was debited with some amount with the heading of custody charges. I have online account in IGI Securities. On inquiry i was told it is not some broker deduction , these are the CDC custody charges. And formula for it was told some 0.105% p.a for custody charges. And some 0.2% of transactions. Some thing like that. I am confused. Please some one advice on the matter, does CDC charges for the custody and transactions? or it is my broker juggling?
" The Stock market is weird. Every time one guy sells, another one buys, and they both think they're smart "

Offline yahiyamustafa

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 09:39:42 PM »
Today my account was debited with some amount with the heading of custody charges. I have online account in IGI Securities. On inquiry i was told it is not some broker deduction , these are the CDC custody charges. And formula for it was told some 0.105% p.a for custody charges. And some 0.2% of transactions. Some thing like that. I am confused. Please some one advice on the matter, does CDC charges for the custody and transactions? or it is my broker juggling?

yes CDC do charge some amount on ur holdings....0.105% is holding charges or maintenance charges just like banks and 0.2% is based on ur investments worth...i think in k slabs bhi hain k jitna mhanga share ho ga unty ziyada charges katy gain somthing like that...but IGI is not juggling so u dont have to worry abt ur broker...

Offline M&M

• KSE100 Trader
  • Administrator
  • Thanks Received: 109
  • Who doesn't like chocolates and profits?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 09:40:48 PM »
http://www.cdcpakistan.com/userpanel/AboutUs/ViewContent.aspx?m=cb&type=0027
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates

Guidelines | Messages | Follow me

Offline decentshaw

• Fundamental Investor
  • Invest Long
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 10:06:47 PM »
Thanks for the input. So the custody fee is 0.01125% per anum. Then Why the monthly deduction in respect of custody fee. I was charged last month also this month. it suppose to be once in a year, isnt?
" The Stock market is weird. Every time one guy sells, another one buys, and they both think they're smart "

Offline sanwar

• Thanks Received: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 08:47:17 AM »
I received following message from AKD:
----
AKD SECURITIES LIMITED
Ever since the introduction of Unique Identification Numbers (UIN), almost five years ago, the National Clearing Company of Pakistan Limited (NCCPL) has been charging annual maintenance charges for every UIN but we had been bearing the same on your behalf. But in order to accommodate the growing expenses to some extent, we have decided to pass on these NCCPL Annual UIN Maintenance Charges to our clients.

The NCCPL Annual UIN Maintenance Charges for the year ending June 30, 2012 has been charged in your AKD Trade account on December 05, 2012 as per the following structure:

For Single Accounts: Rs 115/- per annum
For Joint Accounts: Rs 230/- per annum

However, the NCCPL Annual UIN Maintenance Charges for the subsequent years will be charged on cyclical basis i.e. as per your Date of Account Opening/UIN Registration.

If you have any queries or concerns in this regard or need further explanation then please contact us at our Call Centre UAN: 111-253-253 or email us at info@akdtrade.com
----

Offline mra901

• Thanks Received: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 04:02:44 PM »
What is CDC?

• CDC stands for Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited
• The only depository in Pakistan
• The sole entity handling the electronic (paperless) settlement of   
transactions carried out at all three stock exchanges of Pakistan
• Has a system, Central Depository System in place to record and
maintain securities and their transfer’s registration
• The system changes the ownership of securities without any
physical movement or endorsement of certificates and execution of
transfer instruments

www.cdcpakistan.com

Shareholders                        Total No. of Shares Held       %
The Karachi Stock Exchange (G) Limited               19,904,000         39.8
Lahore Stock Exchange (G) Limited                        5,000,000         10.0
Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation               5,000,000         10.0
MCB Bank Limited                                                5,000,000         10.0
Habib Bank Limited                                              3,173,001          6.35
National Investment Trust Limited                          3,173,000          6.35
Industrial Development Bank of Pakistan                 2,500,000          5.0
NIB Bank Limited                                                 2,500,000          5.0
Islamabad Stock Exchange (G) Limited                   1,250,000          2.50
Crescent Steel and Allied Product Limited                   875,000          1.75
Al-Zamin Leasing Corporation Limited                        500,000          1.0
Shakarganj Mills Limited                                          500,000           1.0
International General Insurance Limited                     324,999          0.65
Innovative Investment Bank Limited                          250,000          0.50

TOTAL                                                               50,000,000          100   
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 04:17:01 PM by mra901 »

Tags: